The term "obfuscation" comes from the Latin word "obscūrus," which means "darkened." The original meaning of the word was to conceal or hide something in a dark place. In computer science, it has come to mean confusing programming language code by using techniques such as variable names with unusual spellings, introducing deliberate errors, and using uncommon or unnecessary features of a programming language.
This tool is a really helpful tool for those who need to debug and fix their code. It helps them find out the cause of the issue faster than traditional methods like debugging, tracing, and profiling.
- Paste your Obfuscated JS code inside the toolbox.
- Copy the Deobfuscated code manually or use the copy icon in the top left of the toolbox.
What is Deobfuscation?
Deobfuscation is the process of removing obfuscation from a program. It can also refer to the process of reversing engineering software. It is a technique that reverses the obfuscation in order to make it more human-readable and understandable.
In general, to deobfuscate something means to make it more clear and more understandable. De-obfuscation is recoding the obfuscated code to retrieve the original code which is the process of transforming the data from one shape (obfuscated code) to another one to get the original information or data and make it easier to understand.
Some of the deobfuscators are specific to programming languages and others are for general use that has no specific language but it's somehow difficult to use. And some of them just break the codes into pieces regardless of their understanding of how they work, and this is one of the simplest ways.
To understand these codes, they contain arrays. These arrays rearrange and simplify commands, and combine or sum, according to what the codes need, and because all of this is defined in their arrays.
This process is similar to re-breaking Puzzles and re-installing them in their original form by placing each part in its designated place with an understanding of its role and method of work, and you may do it manually or with tools.
- The first and primary benefit, and perhaps the main purpose of making it is to save time and facilitate the process of deobfuscation.
- This tool is beside what we mentioned previously in its ease, but it is also powerful.
- The arrays also contain letters (numbers, strings, null, etc) that simplify complex matrices This is done by converting long orders into more comprehensive, sounder, and clearer orders perfectly.
- It renames and defines undefined matrices and converts complex ones to Easy static numbers, and evaluates the functions as we said earlier.
- Some developers also use it to verify and check the codes, review them and find weaknesses in them, as this makes the codes more powerful and reduces the percentage of error in them, making them difficult to hack.
- It can also be used to restructure or re-engineer codes so that the developer cannot hide the way of engineering the codes and the way they are built, you can easily read the data of the array and its codes.